-
October 3rd, 2003, 02:53 AM
#11
Inactive Member
Gotta make sure I am signed up...but other than that...
I've got the charavters of my fantasy story...I've got the setting and the maps to go with it...I've got some of the backdrop and history of my fantastical setting in place...I've got some of the conflicts and developments I want to work towards...I've got the first page on paper...somehow I don't have an underlying theme or overall story concept that I need...GAH! This might not happen...
-
October 3rd, 2003, 05:23 AM
#12
Inactive Member
I kinda think I need to know the beginning and the end first...though I agree that getting there is half the fun...
-
October 3rd, 2003, 07:14 AM
#13
-
October 3rd, 2003, 11:36 AM
#14
Inactive Member
Yeah, it sounds like Jax is writing one of those D&D reference books or something.
"...but after many days travelling the Hollow Road, I came upon the Lair of the Lost Pup..."
And as for me...ugh. I'm still debating.
-
October 3rd, 2003, 01:59 PM
#15
-
October 3rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
#16
HB Forum Owner
You don't need all of that to get started Jax. [img]wink.gif[/img] Start with what you have and let the rest develop.
-
October 4th, 2003, 01:44 AM
#17
Inactive Member
Jace, I'm always thinking in the triolgy or more mode simply because I feel that if I ever DO get something completed and published, well, I'm hoping people will want more of it so I'll be working on another installment...wishful thinking I know...
Another problem writing fantasy I've encountered in recent days is tryin to not make my story feel as though I'm just re-hashing Tolkien or George RR Martin or McCaffrey and so on...not an easy task to say the least...
-
October 6th, 2003, 02:53 AM
#18
HB Forum Owner
That's where character development comes in. You have to make the charcaters interesting enough so the readers will care about them.
Case in point. Lusipher (of Poison Elves) is one of the most psychotic protaganists I've ever read about.
-
October 6th, 2003, 04:02 AM
#19
-
October 6th, 2003, 06:21 AM
#20
Inactive Member
Gah! I'm no good in science! That's why I was an English major...I can't write lab reports! WAUGH!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks